These elegant treats are so good and simple to make. The flavors apricot and coconut go so well together. These cookies would be perfect for a tea party, but I could eat them for any occasion.
- 1 – 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 – 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 – 1/2 cup butter, cold
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in butter and cream cheese until you reach coarse crumbs. Add coconut and preserves; mix well.
- Use a teaspoon to measure the cookie dough. Space the cookies about 2 in apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- Filling: Mix the confectioners’ sugar, butter, and milk in a small bowl with an electric mixer. Drizzle over cookies.