Strawberries are definitely one of my favorite fruits and I love putting them into everything I bake when they are in season. Or when they are not I just use frozen ones; not as good but they still do the trick. The hint of lemon in the cream cheese filling swirl makes this treat extra decadent. This recipe is light and fresh and is a great breakfast to start off the day. Make it on Sunday night and you have breakfast made for at least 4 days if kept in an air tight container. It’s simple to make and will definitely be worth it.
- 1 – 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 ounces fresh strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8 in x 4 in x 2 in loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt; give it a quick whisk. In a large bowl, beat eggs and oil just until incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time. Beat for 1 minute. Fold in fresh strawberries.
- Put batter into the loaf pan and bake for 70 to 80 minutes, or until knife inserted comes out clean. Cool slightly before removing from pan. Serve immediately or keep in an air tight container for up to 5 days.