These muffins are so good to wake up to in the morning. They have a light and fresh flavor that give you the kick start you need for the day. You can make them the night before and they last for up to 4 days in an air tight container. The hint of lemon in the cream cheese filling on top of the muffins just make this treat extra decadent. Enjoy!
- 1 – 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 ounces fresh strawberries, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- zest of half a lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin baking sheet. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt; give it a quick whisk. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and oil just until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time. Once fully incorporated, fold in fresh strawberries. Set aside.
- For the filling: Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add egg, sugar, flour, zest, and juice and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins about 3/4 full. Then spoon the cream cheese filling on top of the batter. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges start to get golden brown.