A perfect treat for the start of summer. You’ll love this dessert for dinner because of how easy it is and the recipe is made for 4. It only took me 30 minutes, start to finish. It’s best served warm and with some vanilla ice cream. You will also love to know that this dinner dessert is not only good, but also good for you with only 100 calories per serving! So no guilty feeling after eating this scrumptious dessert. Enjoy!
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, cut in quarters
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- store bought pie dough, already rolled out and thawed
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine sugar and cornstarch in a medium bowl and give it a quick whisk.
- Add strawberries to the sugar and cornstarch mixture. Mix until strawberries are fully coated.
- Divide mixture evenly among four ramekins.
- Place pie dough on a clean and lightly floured surface. Use a 4-in circle cookie cutter to cut out 4 circles. Place each circle on top of each of the ramekins.
- Whisk one egg in a small bowl and lightly brush the top of each ramekin.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.