These Patriot Cupcakes are super cute; the perfect dessert for Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, or Veteran’s Day. It’s the perfect way to celebrate all the sacrifices made for our country. The Italian Buttercream is beyond your frosting dreams! Your friends and family will love these cupcakes and you will love them too because they are super easy to make.
- 1 vanilla or white cake mix
- Italian Buttercream, or frosting of your choice
- red food coloring
- blue food coloring
- patriotic sprinkles, optional
- Cupcake pan, size of your choice
- baking cups
- disposable piping bag
- 1 M tip, for icing cupcakes
- Preheat oven according to box instructions. Prepare cupcake pan with desired baking cups.
- Prepare cake batter according to the box instructions. Divide batter into three and separate in different bowls. Use a few drops of red food coloring in one bowl, a few drops of blue food coloring in another bowl, and leave one bowl white.
- Put about 1 tablespoon of each color into 1 cupcake. Finish all the cupcakes. Bake according to box instructions.
- Let cool completely, then pipe on Italian Buttercream using 1 M tip. Finish off with sprinkles of your choice.