You will love this dessert because it is super easy to make and is a favorite at all the family parties and summer holiday gatherings! This would be a great treat to bring to your Memorial Day, Fourth of July or Labor Day cookout. It tastes as good as it looks. You will also love to know that this party dessert is not only good, but also good for you with only 105 calories per serving! So no guilty feeling after eating this scrumptious dessert.
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 6 ounce package Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounce tub of Whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a medium bowl stir in boiling water into Strawberry Gelatin until dissolved, about 2 minutes. Add ice cold water and stir for about 15 seconds. Place bowl in refrigerator for 15 minutes, or until the Strawberry Gelatin has thickened slightly.
- While waiting on Gelatin, quarter half a pound of strawberries. Remove Gelatin from refrigerator and gently stir in fresh strawberries. Pour into a 13 x 9 in pan and refrigerate for about 4 hours, or until fully set.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time. Add vanilla extract. Beat until fully combined. Fold in Whipped topping until fully incorporated. Pour over Strawberry Gelatin.
- Halve the remaining strawberries. Assemble the blueberries and strawberries however desired. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to three days.