This recipe is super simple and the perfect dessert to take to any party. Strawberries and cream cheese is just the perfect combination for me, especially with summer so close. I made the recipe into cupcakes; I just think it makes it cute and elegant but you can also make it in a 13 x 9 in pan. I would suggest that if you are going to bring this dessert to a party.
- 2 cups gluten-free chocolate chips cookies, crushed
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Smucker’s sugar-free strawberry preserves
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup of whipped cream
- Mix cookie crumbs, margarine, and 1/4 cup of sugar. Press firmly on a 13 x 9 in. pan. Refrigerate while making filling.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add 3/4 cup of sugar and beat for one minute on medium speed. Add preserves and beat just until combined.
- Fold in fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Evenly spoon over crust. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator.