This smooth and creamy texture is delight to your summer appetite. The fresh strawberry flavor is perfect for summer cookouts. You can make it during the cookout for some extra entertainment; then everyone can eat it fresh. It’s super simple, because you can make the mixture the day before. Process it in an ice cream machine the next day so you can focus entertaining your guests at your party. If you are serving a lot of people you might want to double the recipe, because this one only makes about 1 quart. You can also fold in some chocolate chips after it is finished churning to make this ice cream even more decadent.
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, pureed
- Combine the milk, cream, and honey in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Blend the egg yolks and the sugar in a separate boil. Add about one third of the hot cream mixture to the egg yolks and whisk constantly until fully incorporated. Then, poor the egg yolk mixture into the remaining milk in the saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Blend in the strawberry puree and mix until smooth.
- Strain the mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight or a minimum of 12 hours.
- Process in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Store in the refrigerator, tightly covered.