Ganache is definitely a recipe that you need to have on hand when baking. If you haven’t tried it, you should. To explain it a little, it is a very soft chocolate that doesn’t get hard. It is used to coat cakes and other pastries and has a very smooth and shiny texture to it. It makes every dessert look more elegant this will definitely impress your family and friends.
- 7 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Chop chocolate and place in a stainless steel bowl.
- Bring heavy cream to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add hot cream to chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Let stand for 1/2 hour until it gets slightly thicker in consistency.