These little bites are delectable pastry treats! The great flavor combination of chocolate and strawberries really make this dessert stand out. You will love this dessert because it doesn’t take long to make and you can essentially serve this treat for any occasion. Great snack, dessert or breakfast treat.
Special Equipment Needed
- candy or frying thermometer
- 3 1/2-inch round cookie cutter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pound of fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 9-inch refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg, beaten
- vegetable oil, for frying
- confectioners’ sugar, for garnish
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Fold in fresh strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Using a 3 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut the pie dough into 12 circles. Lay on baking sheet. Brush the edges of the dough with the beaten egg. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of strawberry chocolate mix in the middle of the circles. Fold the edges over and pinch the edges to seal. Take a fork and crimp the edges. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan on medium heat until it reaches 350 degrees F. Fry the turnovers about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until golden. Cool before serving.