These super light and airy delights are so delicious and also good for you; gluten-free and low calorie. They have a magnificent melt-in-your-mouth texture. This dessert is great for any occasion, if you just want to have a healthy snack or bring to a party. Everyone will love them.
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer on medium-low speed, beat the egg whites with the whisk attachment until frothy, approximately 2 minutes. Add salt and increase the speed to high and whip until soft peaks. Reduce the speed to medium and add the vanilla and sugar one tablespoon at a time. Whip to glossy peaks, about 2 minutes.
- Fold in the pecans and chocolate chips. Spoon the dough onto the cookie sheet (1 tablespoon each). Bake for 45 minutes. Turn oven off and leave the cookies in the oven for at least 4 hours