There is nothing like going to a blueberry farm and picking bucketsful of fresh blueberries. Here is an easy way to use all those fresh berries. Better yet, you can make the pies ahead of time and freeze for whenever you want them. What a delicious way to preserve such a tasty fruit. This recipe makes 2 6-inch pies or one 10-inch pie.
- Pie Dish
- rolling pin
- Basic Pie Dough, or 2 store bought pie dough
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Roll each piece out at 1/8 inch thickness and line the pie pan. Reserve the remaining dough and wrap tightly under refrigeration.
- Combine the fruit, sugar, and tapioca starch in a medium size bowl and gently mix until combined.
- Roll out the remaining dough to 1/8 inch thickness as well. Place the berry mixture into the lined pie pan and place the remaining rolled dough on top. Trim and crimp the edges together to seal the berry mixture. Make a few vents on top.
- Bake pie at 420 degrees F/216 degrees C until golden brown, about 45 minutes.