Raspberry are still in season! But it’s almost over, so you’ve got to hurry and get your raspberry fix. For me, it’s a never-ending craving because I just love raspberries so much and can never get enough. Here is a perfect treat to satisfy that undeniable craving. Not only is it sweet, but it will cool you off on those hot summer days. You will also be happy to know that this recipe is gluten-free.
Special Items Needed
Electric Ice Cream Maker
- 1/2 cup water plus 2/3 cup
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 15 ounces raspberries
- 1 lemon, or 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup water, sugar and honey. Set heat to medium and whisk until sugar has dissolved. Bring mixture to a boil, then let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, puree the fresh or frozen raspberries. Add 2/3 cup water and lemon juice to the puree, then strain into a glass bowl. Add sugar mixture and stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate until completely cool, at least 1 hour.
- Process in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions. Freeze several hours before serving. *
*Tip: It’s better to freeze the sorbet in a glass container because a plastic container causes the mixture to get too cold and becomes hard to scoop out.