This cookie recipe is definitely one that you will use again and again. You’re probably thinking, what makes this chocolate chip cookie stand out from all the rest? Well, let me tell you. You all know that the chocolate chip and walnut combination has a fantastic flavor and this recipe will definitely give you great flavor. But, there is one thing that sticks out the most for me; and that is the texture. I’ve always enjoyed a soft cookie and wasn’t really into the crunchy cookie. But this recipe gives you the best of both worlds. The cookie is crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside, what a perfect combination. This recipe makes about 30 cookies.
I can thank my Aunt Paula from North Carolina for giving me this recipe. She enjoys baking just as much as I do and she is one of the sweetest people I know, so I knew she would give me great recipe. After all, love is the main ingredient.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla extract one at a time.
- In a large bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients a little at a time to the egg, sugar, and butter mixture until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Use an ice cream scoop to measure out cookies onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.