This chocolate brownie recipe has a wonderfully decadent chocolate flavor that just melts in your mouth. Plus, with the crunch of the walnuts, it’s a perfect combination. Not only is the brownie recipe good, but we have also included a chocolate sauce that just puts it over the edge; in a good way of course. This is another recipe that I received from my Aunt Paula in North Carolina. The recipes that get passed down generation after generation are always the best. There’s a reason they get passed down in the first place.
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Use non-stick cooking spray to coat the inside of a 13 x9 inch pan, then dust with flour. You could also lay down parchment paper, with the sides sticking out, for even better results.
- Melt butter and chocolate over a double boiler. Let cool. Meanwhile; beat eggs, sugar, flour, salt, and vanilla until fully combined.
- Add melted chocolate mixture to above and mix until fully incorporated. Fold in walnuts. Then pour into the 13 x 9 inch pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Let cool. Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- Melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler. Let cool.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Spread over brownies or whatever dessert that you prefer.