Did you ever want to mix up a quick dessert for yourself or for you and a friend? If so, Mug Cakes could be just the delicious treat to satisfy that sweet tooth in a jiffy! There are many variations you can use to make your favorite Mug Cake. I’ll share one of our favorites with you! It’s a super moist Peanut Butter Chocolate Mug Cake topped with Chocolate Italian Buttercream Frosting!
There are many great advantages to mug cakes. They are made fresh from your kitchen, not from a box. You can find a recipe with ingredients you already have in your pantry. The best part is it’s made in the microwave so it only bakes for 1 minute! Even if you run out of eggs there are still many options! This recipe is made with no eggs and was tweaked a little bit to satisfy our taste buds but can easily be changed to satisfy yours!
- 1 Tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (or Vegetable Oil or butter)
- ¼ c Flour
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ⅓ c Soy Milk ( or regular Milk)
- ¼ tsp Vanilla
- Optional Toppings: Chocolate Italian Buttercream Frosting, Whipped Cream, Ice Cream, Caramel syrup, chocolate syrup and/or sprinkles. Any favorite topping will do!
- Gather all ingredients. Find a special mug you would like to make this cake in. It needs to be microwavable.
- Melt Coconut Oil in microwave for 20 sec or until melted. Add creamy peanut butter and stir.
- Combine all dry ingredients and stir until mixed well.
- Add soy milk and vanilla to melted coconut oil and peanut butter mixture and stir.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until mixture is moistened. Do not over stir.
- Pour into your favorite mug. It will fill about ½ way. Microwave for 1 minute.
- You can eat warm or wait until cooled to add your favorite topping. We like to top with our Chocolate Italian Buttercream Frosting!
Don’t be afraid to change it up a little to try to make a more healthy version. You could always substitute your favorite sugar free product for sugar, use a gluten free mixture like flax seed flour and use water instead of milk. We think the Chocolate Italian Buttercream frosting makes the whole dessert melt in your mouth but if anything sugar is out of the question it’s still delicious with no topping at all!
Take 5 minutes and try your version. We would love to hear from you and see the awesome Mug Cake Recipes you create!