Golden Milk with Turmeric
Do you ever have one of those nights where you just want something tasty and warm? You want something smooth and a little sweet? You want something that’s also healthy and good for you? I’ve got just the “thang” – Golden Milk with Turmeric! It’s warm, tasty, smooth, sweet and very healthy!
I saw a friend’s Pinterest Pin that really caught my attention. It was an anti-inflammatory drink that was warm and tasty and looked very enticing, so I tried it and boy oh boy I liked it! So I thought I would make it again and switch up the recipe a little and have my family taste test it. Boy oh boy, they liked it too! My husband asks me to make it during the day now! He said it just makes him feel good.
So here are “8 tid bits on Turmeric” and it’s amazing healing properties. I’ve googled Turmeric and found many different benefits. Please do your own research and see what you find. As always, check with your physician before trying taking herbs and spices for medicinal purposes.
- It’s been known for centuries for it’s anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antiseptic properties. It’s been used as a medicine for over 4,000 years!
- It soothes digestion and eases indigestion. Some say it can reduce abdominal cramping or stomach aches.
- Turmeric may reduce joint swelling and pain.
- Has been known to relieve stress and lift moods.
- Can promote weight loss by boosting metabolism, reducing hunger and burn fat.
- Can boost memory and reduce anxiety symptoms with regular use.
- Can help prevent degenerative brain diseases like dementia and Alzheimers.
- Adding Black Pepper increases absorption of Turmeric by 2000%.
With all of these high potential healing properties it’s advised that you consult a physician before using Turmeric for medicinal purposes, especially if you are on medication for diabetes or any blood thinning agents. Some people may also have allergic reactions to Turmeric.
Make Turmeric Paste!
Make Golden Milk!
- Make Turmeric Paste:
- ½ c water
- ¼ c turmeric
- ½ teas black pepper
- Combine in a sauce pan and heat until thick paste is formed. Can be put in glass container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Make Golden Milk:
- 2 c coconut milk
- 1 teas Turmeric paste
- ½ teas cinnamon
- ½ teas ginger
- 2 teas. vanilla to taste
- 1 teas coconut oil
- 4 teas local honey
- Make Turmeric Paste first with recipe above. In a quart sauce pan add ingredients and gently heat and wisk until steamy. Serve warm and enjoy!
It’s all about the tools when ever you bake, cook, create. We love Amazon Prime for many of our kitchen tools.
Sign up for Amazon Prime and receive FREE 2-day Shipping! Click on link below…