It’s always nice to have YOUR dessert be the “Star of the Show”. When you’re the chosen “Bringer of Desserts” you want to make an impression of beauty AND flavor. You just can’t go wrong with these 3 Easy Easter Dessert recipes. With these 3 desserts, your dessert table will be colorful and fun!!
The kids will want to grab the Flower Pretzel Treats and go. There will be “Wait until you’ve eaten your meal” said many times over, while hungry eyes are drooling over these tasty treats! And the “Oh I shouldn’t but I just can’t refuse”, or “Oh that looks so good I’ll just have a bite” that turns into two or three or more! Desserts at holidays have a special way of making our time together fun and memory creating. So try one or all and let us know how many memories were created at your Easter Holiday Dinners 🙂
EASTER EGG CUPCAKES
Easter Egg Cupcakes are super easy and oh so tasty! You can use a simple box cake of any flavor and a can of frosting if you like. But we would be doing you a disservice if we said that would be the “Star of the show cupcakes”. If you’re looking for something that’s going to get some tasty satisfaction, you’re going to want to use a few of our star studded recipes for this simple treat.
Desserts by Juliette recommends our WHITE CAKE or our MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE recipes. And it wouldn’t be Desserts by Juliette if we didn’t recommend our Italian Buttercream Frosting recipe as well! The silky smooth, creamy texture with butter flavor can NOT be beat, guaranteed!
This WHITE CAKE recipe is the perfect combination of fluffy and moist. It’s perfect for wedding cakes, cupcakes and just about any cake you have in mind. Here’s something interesting that you might like to know; most bakeries do NOT make white cake from scratch. They buy large amounts of basically boxed cake. Probably to save money and time, but a homemade white cake doesn’t compare to the box kind. Once you make this recipe, you will never return to any boxed cake mix. This recipe make 2, 8-inch cakes.
Special Items Needed
2, 8-inch cake pans
Kitchen Aid Mixer, optional
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 1/4 cups cake flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
4 egg whites
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut 8-inch circles out of the parchment paper. The easy way to do this is place the 8-inch cake pan on top of the parchment paper and trace the bottom with a pen or pencil. Then cut the circles out. Place the parchment circles in the bottom of the pan and spray with cooking spray to make sure nothing sticks.
Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Sift all the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl, set aside. In a large bowl, combine the water, milk, and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 separate additions, then add to the butter/sugar mixture and beat until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
Whip the egg whites until soft peaks. Fold the egg whites into the cake batter until fully incorporated. Pour batter evenly into the 2, 8-inch cake pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let the cake cool for 5 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack. Let cool completely before icing or freeze until desired use. If you are going to freeze the cake, make sure that you leave the parchment paper attached to the cake and cover completely with plastic wrap.
Our super MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE recipe is perfect for chocolate cupcakes too! It is so moist it holds together a lot better than a devil’s food chocolate cake. You will love the flavor as you bite into this piece of chocolate heaven. It pairs very well with any type of buttercream. For decorating purposes, I definitely prefer the silky Italian Buttercream texture and flavor. This recipe makes about 30 cupcakes or 2 9-inch cakes or 1 13 x 9 inch pan.
- 3 ounces Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups hot brewed coffee
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Prepare muffins tins with cupcake liners, or cake pans with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate in a medium-sized bowl and add hot coffee. Whisk mixture until the chocolate is completely melted and has a smooth texture.
- In a large bowl, sift together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl until they have reached maximum volume; at least 3 minutes.
- Slowly add chocolate mixture, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract to egg mixture and beat until fully combined.
- Add sifted mixture a little at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Divide batter into cake pans and fill 3/4 full, due to the fact that this batter will not rise much. Bake 25 to 30 minutes for cupcakes, 45 to 50 minutes for a 13 x 9 inch pan, and 35 to 40 minutes for 2 9-inch pans, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cake should spring back slightly to the touch. Cool completely before icing.
Now the topper! You just have to try this Italian Buttercream Frosting recipe at least once in your life and I bet it won’t be the last. The recipe is below. You can cut the end of a pastry bag or ziplock bag. No tip is needed to pipe if you don’t have one.
- 1 – 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 egg whites
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 pound of butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Special Items Needed:
- Kitchen Aid mixer
- candy thermometer
- Combine 1/3 cup of granulated sugar and egg whites in a Kitchen Aid mixing bowl. Set up with the whisk attachment.
- Combine the water and 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan. Cook on medium high heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Then, continue to cook without stirring until it reaches soft ball stage, which is 240 degrees F.
- When the sugar syrup reaches 230 degrees, start to whisk the egg whites on medium speed. The egg whites should reach soft peaks at the same time the sugar reaches the desired temperature.
- Slowly stream the hot sugar into the whipping whites, still on medium speed. Continue whipping, on high speed now, until the meringue has reached room temperature, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the meringue is cooling, cut the butter into 1-inch cubes.
- Once the meringue is cool, switch to the paddle attachment and gradually add butter on medium speed. Cream until smooth and light. Add vanilla extract.
- Use immediately or store in a covered container in the refrigerator for later use.
Step-by-Step Instructions for guaranteed success.
To make this Easter Egg Cupcake look and taste even more delicious, GARNISH with 3 colored Chocolate Malted Robin Eggs!
We hope you enjoyed our 3 Easy Easter Dessert Recipes!
Have a very Happy Easter holiday with family and friends, from all of us here at Desserts by Juliette!