This week’s recipe is our Homemade 10-Minute Cherry Frozen Yogurt that will knock those socks right off your feet! Got 10 minutes? Try this easy SWEET TREAT you, your family and friends are sure to L-O-V-E.
Welcome back to Friday FroYo Frenzy!! If this is your first time visiting, hello! This summer we will be sharing a Frenzy of Frozen Yogurt Flavors each Friday, keep coming back for more…
June to August one of my favorite fruits are in season, Cherries!! If you or someone you know loves cherries, like I do, you’ve got to try this recipe.
Oh, and BTW, all our FROYO recipes are easy to make, gluten-free, low or no fat, have no added refined sugar and are no-churn (which means no ice cream maker needed). You may be thinking, “Oh great, how can this stuff taste very good, no sugar??” I’m going to tell you these yogurts have enough natural sugar and flavor you don’t need to add any granulated sugar to make it taste yummy.
Start With Right Stuff
My choice of blending FROYO’S is ALWAYS a food processor. They are easy to use, and wide enough to scoop everything out easily. I love my Ninja Blender but not for FROYOS. If you click on the link you’ll see a food processor that’s on my wish list of things to purchase. It comes with a scraper attached and it’s under $40. Amazon has great prices and shipping is FREE if you become a PRIME Member.
*Disclaimer – We are an affiliate with Amazon. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pays me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you.
- 6 c. Frozen Cherries
- ¾ c. Non-fat Plain Greek Frozen Yogurt
- 2 T. Lemon
- 4 T Agave or Honey
- 1 t. Vanilla (optional)
- 1 t. Cherry Flavoring (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend. Sweeten to taste with Agave or Honey. Pour into freezer safe container for 6 hours. Optional flavorings may be added. Let sit out on counter for 10 minutes before serving for easy scooping. Enjoy!
“Tid Bits and Pits” about Cherries
- Cleveland Clinic ranks Cherries as #1 in the “Super Fruit” Category.
- “Cherries contain melatonin which is a hormone produced in the brain’s pineal gland that is associated with better sleep and perhaps even increased longevity and reduce weight gain”. http://www.clevelandclinicwellness.com/DailyDose/archive/2015/06/26/Cherries-Super-Fruit.aspx
- Cherries are said to have a Glycemic Index of 20. Oatmeal also has a low Glycemic Index. According to the American Diabetes Associationfoods that have 55 or below is low, 56 to 69 is moderate and over 70 is high. The Glycemic Level is an indicator how foods affect your blood sugar levels. The lower the levels the better the body manages the blood sugar levels.
- Eating cherries not only are delicious but healthy for you too. They are power packed with antioxidants, they have anti-inflammatory components and they contain melatonin to help you sleep. They may help joint pain and could also improve belly fat loss. It’s worth a search on your favorite search engine to discover all the many wow factors that cherries can become in your diet!
- “The Journal of Nutrition found that cherries helped to reduce the inflammatory symptoms of gout by inflammation in the body”. http://www.clevelandclinicwellness.com/DailyDose/archive/2015/06/26/Cherries-Super-Fruit.aspx
- Click here for 3 ways to “Pit a Cherry” without a Cherry Pitter.
We hope you enjoy our Friday FRO YO Frenzy! Come back next week for another amazing FRO YO Flavor!
Love it, Try it, Share it, Love it again!
Try another Desserts by Juliette Cherry Recipe
Subscribe and NEVER miss a recipe!