Apricot Cookies with Coconut
Unique flavor combination that works so well together. You won't be able to eat just one.
Desserts by Juliette: Juliette
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 - ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 - ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 - ½ cup butter, cold
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1½ teaspoons butter, softened
- 1½ teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in butter and cream cheese until you reach coarse crumbs. Add coconut and preserves; mix well.
- Use a teaspoon to measure the cookie dough. Space the cookies about 2 in apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- Filling: Mix the confectioners' sugar, butter, and milk in a small bowl with an electric mixer. Drizzle over cookies.
Serving size: 1 cookie Calories: 125 Fat: 10 g Saturated fat: 6 g Carbohydrates: 9 g Sugar: 5 g Sodium: 67 mg Protein: 1 g Cholesterol: 25 mg