Vanilla Rice Pudding
Great recipe for dinner. This decadent dessert is one you'll have to keep in your recipe box.
Desserts by Juliette: Juliette
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups long grain rice, cooked
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
- cinnamon, optional
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Add milk, sugar, and salt to the cooked rice. (If using a vanilla bean, scrape out seeds and put the bean and seeds into the rice mixture as well) Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for approximately 20 minutes; stirring often.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. (If you used a vanilla bean, remove the bean) Serve with cinnamon sprinkled on top. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an air tight container.
Serving size: ½ cup Calories: 138 Fat: 2 g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 27 g Sugar: 2 g Sodium: 41 mg Protein: 4 g Cholesterol: 4 mg