Easy dessert for a Cinco de Mayo party. Bright and colorful, full of fresh flavor; you won't be able to get enough.
Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 8 to 10
- 1 box white cake mix
- 15 oz. coconut milk
- 1 15 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- approximately 2 cups Cool Whip
- fresh, sliced strawberries
- 2 tbsp. apricot jam
- Make the box of white cake mix according to the directions. You can use whatever size pan you would like.
- Let cool.
- While the cake is cooling, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and the coconut milk until combined. (Takes about 2 minutes.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, poke holes all over the top of the cake with the back of a wooden spoon. Pour milk mixture evenly over the top of the cake.
- Refrigerate for at least a half hour. Slice strawberries and place in a small bowl. Add 2 tbsp. of apricot jam and evenly coat strawberries.
- Remove cake from refrigerator and decorate with Cool Whip and fresh strawberries. Serve immediately. Should be kept refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 467 Fat: 20 g Saturated fat: 12 g Carbohydrates: 69 g Sugar: 55 g Sodium: 410 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 7 g Cholesterol: 14 mg