Area 51 Caramel Apple Tart
Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
- Basic Pie Dough or 2, 9-inch store bought pie dough
- Pastry Cream
- ½ cup butter
- 6 golden delicious apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons Smucker's Caramel Topping
- Prepare the Basic Pie Dough and Pastry Cream according to instructions. Refrigerate both items for at least an hour before use.
- Meanwhile, cut the apples into quarter inch slices. Add to a saucepan with the butter and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the apples begin to soften. Then add cinnamon, brown sugar, and salt and cook for another 5 minutes until the apples are completely soft, stirring occasionally. Let cool.
- Roll out pie dough to quarter inch thickness. Use the 6-inch cookie cutter to cut circles out of the dough. Place dough circles in the tart pans. Bake the dough for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees F, or until the dough is slightly golden brown. Let cool then remove dough from tart pans.
- Fill the tart shell with the pastry cream. Pipe in a circle, starting on the outside and ending in the middle. Top with cooled, cinnamon apples in a circular pattern. Then, drizzle Smucker's Caramel Topping over the top.