Blueberry Banana Nut Bread
Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
- 427 grams all-purpose flour
- 2.5 grams baking powder
- 7 grams baking soda
- 2.5 grams salt
- 5 bananas, very ripe
- 5 mL lemon juice
- 427 grams granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 140 mL vegetable oil
- 76 grams pecans, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/177 degrees C. Coat loaf pans with a light film of non-stick cooking spray. Use a paper towel to evenly coat.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Peel and puree the 5 bananas with the lemon juice. Combine the banana puree, sugar, eggs, and oil and mix on medium speed with the paddle attachment.
- Add the sifted ingredients in 3 additions, mixing until just combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Fold in the pecans and fresh blueberries.
- Divide batter in half and pour in prepared pans. Gently tap the sides to get rid of any large air bubbles.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until the bread springs back to the touch and a knife inserted comes out clean. Cool in the loaf pans for a few minutes and then unmold to cool completely on wire racks.
Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 277 Fat: 9 g Saturated fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 47 g Sugar: 27 g Sodium: 18 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 4 g Cholesterol: 18 mg