Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
- 2, 9-inch basic pie dough, store bought or fresh
- pastry cream
- 24 ounces fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons apricot jelly
- Prepare pastry cream according to instructions first because this takes the longest.
- Prepare pie dough according to instructions or thaw out store bought dough. Roll dough out to ¼ inch thickness and use the circle cookie cutter. Cut out 6 circles and place in the tart pans. Mold the dough to the tart pan with your fingers and prick the bottom with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees until slightly golden brown. Let cool. Pop out of tart shell.
- Fill the pastry cream into a disposable pastry bag, then cut a hole about ½ inch thick. Pipe the pastry cream in a circle, filling the whole bottom of the tart, starting at the edge and ending in the middle.
- Place blueberries in a bowl and add the 2 tablespoons of apricot jelly. Mix together with your hands to make sure all the jelly is distributed over all the fresh berries. Then, pile the berries on top of the pastry cream. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Serving size: 1 tart Calories: 334 Fat: 10 g Saturated fat: 6 g Carbohydrates: 57 g Sugar: 31 g Sodium: 286 mg Fiber: 3 g Protein: 6 g Cholesterol: 53 mg