Treat your four-legged fury friend to some homemade healthy treats! They are easy to make and your dog will love them!
Thank you Courtney for this great recipe!
Burkley couldn’t take his eyes off these tasty treats!
Good boy, stay!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats and baking powder and stir until well mixed.
3. Add the egg, chicken broth, honey and peanut butter. Stir until a smooth, but crumbly dough forms. Press the dough together into a large ball.
4. Place the dough on a well-floured countertop and roll out to about 1/2″ thick.
5. Use cookie cutters to cut the dough into various shapes. Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. (The treats will not expand much when baking, so you can place them close together.)
6. Re-roll the scraps and continue cutting until all dough has been used.
7. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until treats are light golden in color. Allow to cool completely.
8. Store in airtight container for up to 5 days. (If they last that long!)