Chocolate Chip and Coconut Frangipane Tart
Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
- Basic Pie Dough, or 2, 9-inch store bought pie dough
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- heaping ⅓ cup of sweetened coconut
- about ⅓ cup of chocolate chips, depending on preference
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/177 degrees C. Spray tart pans with cooking spray, unless they are non-stick. Assembly tarts on a sheet tray.
- Make dough in advance or take out the thawed store bought dough and roll out to ⅛ inch thickness. Use a 6-inch circle cookie cutter and cut out 6 circles. Place in tart pans and mold to fit the pan. Prick the center of the dough with a fork and bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, cream the butter, sugar, and flour on medium speed with the paddle attachment until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Combine the eggs and heavy cream. Add to the creamed mixture a little at a time, blending until well combined. Fold in the coconut.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a #6 straight tip with the batter, or cut a ¼ inch hole. Pipe the frangipane halfway up the tart pans. (I like to pipe in a circle, starting on the outside and ending in the middle.) Then, place chocolate chips on top of the batter, in any amount or design that is to your preference.
- Bake, still at 350 degrees F/177 degrees C, for 8 to 12 minutes. Pop the tarts out of the pans and let cool to serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Serving size: 1 tart Calories: 598 g Fat: 50 g Saturated fat: 31 g Carbohydrates: 34 g Sugar: 14 g Sodium: 378 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 6 g Cholesterol: 186 mg