Chocolate Cinnamon Brownies
Chocolate and cinnamon are the perfect combination of flavors to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.
Desserts by Juliette: Juliette
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup plus ½ tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup chocolate liqueur, Godiva
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons plus ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 in baking pan and lightly coat with flour. Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in a double broiler or microwave if you don't have one. (See tips for how to melt chocolate in microwave) Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat chocolate and butter until combined. Beat in sugar until smooth, approximately 1 minute. Add eggs one at a time until combined, along with the liqueur.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Fold in the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture, just until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 22 to 24 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool to room temperature
- Melt milk chocolate chips and butter in double broiler or microwave. (See tips for how to melt chocolate in the microwave)
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, confectioners' sugar, and melted chocolate. Whisk together until smooth. Drizzle over brownies.
Serving size: 1 piece Calories: 142 g Fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 33 g Sugar: 27 g Sodium: 12 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 2 g Cholesterol: 27 mg