Dark Brown Sugar Apple Crisp
Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
- 1⅔ cup quick-cooking oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds, roughly chopped
- 1½ tablespoons cinnamon
- 1½ cup butter, cut into small cubes and chilled
- 10 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored, and sliced ¼ inch thick
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- lemon juice, as needed
- To prepare the topping, combine the oats, flour, sugar, almonds, and cinnamon and toss together. Cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse meal.
- Spread the topping mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees F/163 degrees C until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool.
- To prepare the filling, sweat the apples in the butter in a large pan, stirring occasionally until they are just beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the sugar, cinnamon, and salt, stirring to coat, and continue cooking until the apples are tender, about 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- Pour apple mixture in desired baking dish and top with the crisp topping.
- Bake at 375 degrees F/191 degrees C until heated through, about 15 minutes. Serve warm. Can keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 346 Fat: 20 g Saturated fat: 12 g Carbohydrates: 43 g Sugar: 31 g Sodium: 197 mg Fiber: 4 g Protein: 2 g Cholesterol: 49 mg