Easter Egg Cupcakes Printable Recipe
Your choice of cupcake topped with your choice of Frosting and accented with malted milk robin eggs. However we recommend Desserts by Juliette White cake and Italian Buttercream Frosting!
Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
Recipe type: Easter Egg Cupcake
Serves: 2 dozen
- Make Desserts by Juliette White Cake
- ¾ cup butter
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2¼ cups cake flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut 8-inch circles out of the parchment paper. The easy way to do this is place the 8-inch cake pan on top of the parchment paper and trace the bottom with a pen or pencil. Then cut the circles out. Place the parchment circles in the bottom of the pan and spray with cooking spray to make sure nothing sticks.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Sift all the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl, set aside. In a large bowl, combine the water, milk, and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 separate additions, then add to the butter/sugar mixture and beat until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Whip the egg whites until soft peaks. Fold the egg whites into the cake batter until fully incorporated. Pour batter evenly into the 2, 8-inch cake pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 5 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack. Let cool completely before icing or freeze until desired use. If you are going to freeze the cake, make sure that you leave the parchment paper attached to the cake and cover completely with plastic wrap.