Extreme Dark Chocolate Cake
Dark chocolate lovers will love this cake. It's like eating a soft candy bar. Makes a 9-inch cake.
Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup plus 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar•5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup plus 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line your cake pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/177 degrees C.
- Combine water and ½ cup of the sugar and bring to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from the heat, add chocolate and stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Stir in melted butter. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip the eggs, rest of sugar, and vanilla extract until is has reached maximum volume. This process should take about 10 minutes.
- Gently fold the chocolate into the egg mixture.
- Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool, then wrap in plastic wrap (with the cake still in the pan) and refrigerate overnight so it's easier to work with.
Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 139 Fat: 8 g Saturated fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 12 g Sugar: 10 g Sodium: 47 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 4 g Cholesterol: 86 mg