Flourless Chocolate Cake
This cake is loved by all, including gluten-free dieters. The melt-in-your-mouth texture makes this cake extra decadent.
Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup eggs
- ⅓ cup egg yolks
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate, melted and kept warm
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cup heavy cream
- confectioners' sugar, garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper, then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar in a medium bowl and whisk over a double boiler until the sugar dissolves and the mixture reaches 110 degrees F/43 degrees C, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to the Kitchen Aid and whip on high-speed until the foam reaches maximum volume, about 10 minutes. Reduce the speed of the mixer to medium and mix for an additional 15 minutes to stabilize the mixture. While this is taking place melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Fold the chocolate, salt, and vanilla into the egg mixture and whip with the whisk attachment on medium speed until the mixture cools.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl whip the heavy cream to medium peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture in two additions.
- Pour batter into the cake pan. Bake for about 25 minutes, until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely in the pan. Flip cake onto the serving dish of your choice. Dust with confectioners' sugar for garnish. Serve with fresh raspberries or strawberries.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 156 Fat: 10.5 g Saturated fat: 5.2 g Carbohydrates: 11 g Sugar: 10.3 g Sodium: 60 mg Protein: 4.7 Cholesterol: 211 mg