Healthy Fruit Salad Summer Fun
Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
- 3 ripe apples
- 4 ripe firm kiwis
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1½ cups blackberries
- 1½ cups strawberries
- 1 ripe firm mango
- 1 cup grapes
- Optional Garnish: Mint leaves
- Choose fruit that is colorful, healthy and ripe.
- Choose at least 3 different colors that compliment each other.
- Choose 3-4 different textures of fruit. Firm, soft and in between.
- Cut up fruit into bite size pieces so people can eat it with a spoon. Big pieces of fruit can be embarrassing to eat if you have to open your mouth super wide just to fit it in! Parties are for talking and laughing. Make it easy on yourself and others by making it bite size 🙂
- Cut up the firmer fruit first like apples. This way the fruit won't get soggy by mixing over and over.
- Mix some Agave into the first cut up pieces to add continual flavor to the added fruit. This will also help make your fruit healthy and shiny instead of dry.
- Add a little garnish with some fresh mint greens. Be careful though, fresh mint can be a little strong and some people aren't crazy about mint like we are!!
- Present your fruit in a fun dish that will be easy access to your guests. Plastic containers may stain and not look very appealing. Go for the glass, ceramic or decorative bowls that invite the eyes and the taste buds.
- Refrigerate your Healthy Fruit Salad before serving. Keeping it cool with keep it fresher longer.
- Don't forget the spoon!