Lemon Cupcakes with Blueberry Buttercream
Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
- 1 package lemon cake mix
- 12 ounces fresh blueberries, leave a few for decorating
- 2 quarts of Italian Buttercream, approximately or whatever icing you prefer
- lemon zest, optional
- Fill cupcake pans with appropriate liners. Make the lemon cupcakes according to the package instructions. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- If you are making the Italian Buttercream, you should start when the cupcakes are in the oven. When the buttercream is finished, or if you are using some other frosting, take the twelve ounces of blueberries and mix on low speed until the buttercream starts to become a light purple shade. If you are using frozen blueberries, the buttercream will become much darker.
- Place the Decorating Tip-#1M Star into a Disposable 16-Inch Decorating Bag. Pipe the blueberry buttercream on the lemon cupcakes and finish it off with some fresh blueberries or lemon zest.
Serving size: 1 cupcake Calories: 474 Fat: 16 g Saturated fat: 3 g Unsaturated fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 80 g Sugar: 64 g Sodium: 332 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 1 g Cholesterol: 187 mg