Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
- ½ cup butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup corn starch
- 3 cups milk plus ½ cup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Put sugar and 3 cups of milk in a large saucepan. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Then place on the stove at medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl using the whisk attachment, combine the eggs, ½ cup milk and cornstarch until smooth. Drain this mixture into another bowl to get any extra egg, or egg shells out of the mixture so it is completely smooth. Set next to the saucepan and get a whisk ready.
- Also, get the butter ready by cutting it into cubes and set next to the vanilla extract.
- Once the sugar and milk mixture starts to boil over, pour the egg mixture in and whisk until swamp bubbles appear. (Swamp bubbles are large boiling bubbles and they look like exactly like ones in a swamp from a cartoon) By this time the mixture is super thick and should be taken off the heat. Add the cubed butter and vanilla and whisk until the butter has melted.
- Pour onto a sheet pan and flatten out until it completely covers the pan. Cover in plastic wrap, make slits with a knife so it can breather and refrigerate right away. (You might want to use gloves because the sheet pan can get hot.) Refrigerate for an hour before using. Keeps refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Serving size: 2 Tbsp Calories: 185 Fat: 10 g Saturated fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 23 g Sugar: 17 g Sodium: 80 mg Protein: 2 g Cholesterol: 89 mg