Pear Upside Down Cake Printable Recipe
This not so ordinary dessert is full of flavor and will definitely impress your family and friends.
Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 8 to 10
- 4 tablespoon salted butter, melted
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon plus ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 pears, cored, thinly sliced
- heaping ¼ cup of almonds
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom of a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together melted butter, ½ cup brown sugar, ½ teaspoon cornstarch, and a pinch of sea salt. Spread evenly on the bottom of the cake pan (on top of the parchment paper). Place the pear slices in a circular pattern on top of the mixture. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend almonds and powdered sugar together to a fine consistency. In a medium bowl, whisk together almond mixture, flour, baking powder, and ¼ teaspoon sea salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together sour cream, heavy cream and vanilla until combined.
- In a medium bowl, cream unsalted butter, ¼ cup brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Then add eggs one at a time. On low speed, alternately add dry ingredients and wet ingredients until fully combined. Mix on high speed for 30 seconds to get rid of any lumps and to create a good texture.
- Evenly add batter to pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then invert onto the serving dish. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 or 4 days.
Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 288 Fat: 18 g Saturated fat: 11g Carbohydrates: 31 g Sugar: 28 g Sodium: 170 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 2 g Cholesterol: 83 mg