Pistachio Strawberry Cupcake Tortes
Strawberries and pistachios together give such an elegant flavor. This dessert will dress up any party.
Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1½ cups cake flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup finely chopped pistachio nuts
- 16 ounces whipped cream
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line standard cupcake tins with baking cups.
- Combine cake flour and baking powder in a bowl. Beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients a little at a time until fully incorporated on low speed. Fold in the pistachios. Spoon batter into prepared baking cups.
- Bake for 15 to18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Cut cupcakes in half. Put the top half of the cupcake upside down on the plate and stack in this order: whipped cream, chopped strawberries, second half of cupcake, whipped cream, pistachios sprinkled, and then a quarter of a strawberry on top. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 cupcake Calories: 290 Fat: 20 g Saturated fat: 12 g Carbohydrates: 26 g Sugar: 16 g Sodium: 95 mg Protein: 4 g Cholesterol: 91 mg