Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
- 198 grams or 7 ounces raspberries, fresh or frozen and then thawed
- 225 grams granulated sugar
- 142 grams or 4 egg whites, room temperature
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Coat the inside of the ramekins with butter, or non-stick spray and cover the whole ramekin, including the top. Then, sprinkle with a little bit of confectioners' sugar in each ramekin. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/177 degrees C.
- Puree the raspberries in a blender, then strain to get some of the seeds out. Combine the puree and the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and whisk until the sugar has fully dissolved. Then, wait for the mixture to reach 240 degrees F/116 degrees C.
- Meanwhile, place the egg whites in the bowl with the whisk attachment. When the sugar puree reaches 230 degrees F/110 degrees C, start whipping the egg whites on medium speed.
- When the sugar mixture has reached 240 degrees F/116 degrees C, and the egg whites have reached soft peaks, increase the mixer speed to high and carefully pour the hot mixture into the egg whites. Whip only to soft peaks.
- Immediately put the mixture into a pastry bag and fill the prepared ramekins to the top. Bake about 20 minutes or until it is fully risen and lightly browned. Serve immediately.