Strawberry and Chocolate Turnover
Great flavor combination with strawberries and chocolate. Good for any occasion.
Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ pound of fresh strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 2 9-inch refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg, beaten
- vegetable oil, for frying
- confectioners' sugar, for garnish
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Fold in fresh strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Using a 3½-inch round cookie cutter, cut the pie dough into 12 circles. Lay on baking sheet. Brush the edges of the dough with the beaten egg. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of strawberry chocolate mix in the middle of the circles. Fold the edges over and pinch the edges to seal. Take a fork and crimp the edges. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan on medium heat until it reaches 350 degrees F. Fry the turnovers about 1 to 1½ minutes until golden. Cool before serving.
Serving size: 1 turnover Calories: 223 Fat: 15 g Saturated fat: 7 g Carbohydrates: 22 g Sugar: 4 g Sodium: 232 mg Protein: 3 g Cholesterol: 32 mg