Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 1 jar (12 ounces) strawberry jelly
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, light brown sugar, and melted butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth, then add 1¼ cups sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Then, add the lemon juice and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract just until combined. Pour over crust and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the sour cream, ¼ cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Once it has finished cooling, pour the sour cream mixture all over the top of the cheesecake until it forms an even layer. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake and let cool for an additional hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- Several hours before serving, prepare glaze. In saucepan combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add jelly. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Then stir for an additional 2 minutes until the glaze thickens. Remove from heat and stir in orange juice. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, remove sides of the pan and slice the strawberries however desired. Lay over the top of the cooled cheesecake, then pour glaze over the top of the strawberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.