Strawberry Muffins with Lemon Cream Cheese Filling
Strawberries are good in any dessert and I just love them in bread for a warm, fresh taste.
Desserts by Juliette: Juliette
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 - ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 ounces fresh strawberries, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- zest of half a lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin baking sheet. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt; give it a quick whisk. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and oil just until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time. Once fully incorporated, fold in fresh strawberries. Set aside.
- For the filling: Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add egg, sugar, flour, zest, and juice and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins about ¾ full. Then spoon the cream cheese filling on top of the batter. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges start to get golden brown.
Serving size: 1 muffin Calories: 236 Fat: 10 g Saturated fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 33 g Sugar: 24 g Sodium: 220 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 4 g Cholesterol: 62 mg