Sugar Cookie Cutouts
Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2¾ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla one at a time until the mixture is fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Then add the wet ingredients a little at a time until fully incorporated. Refrigerate for at least four hours. (The longer you refrigerate it, the easier it is to work with).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll cookie dough ¼ inch thick on a floured board. Use desired cookie cutter and cut out desired shape. Place cookies on baking sheet and bake in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes. Cool and wire rack and decorate with royal icing.