Vanilla is one of my favorite flavors and rice pudding is definitely a top ten dessert for me. I make this recipe a lot when I’m making dinner for my family. Gluten-Free Dieters can also enjoy this delicious recipe. You will also be happy to know that this is a low calorie dessert, with only 138 calories per serving. So no guilty feeling after this tasty dessert; you can fully enjoy this one.
- 2 cups long grain rice, cooked
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
- cinnamon, optional
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Add milk, sugar, and salt to the cooked rice. (If using a vanilla bean, scrape out seeds and put the bean and seeds into the rice mixture as well) Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for approximately 20 minutes; stirring often.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. (If you used a vanilla bean, remove the bean) Serve with cinnamon sprinkled on top. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an air tight container.