Looking for some scary treats this Halloween season? How about cake pops?
Are you throwing a Halloween party this year? Are you looking for some scary treats? Then, these Halloween Cake Pop Eye Balls are just for you. Not only will this dessert scare your friends and family, but they will be amazed at the scary good flavor. I promise you, you can’t eat just one. I might have had six in one sitting…
10 Spooky Good Halloween Dessert Recipes plus 7 Bonus Recipes. Bring the dessert everyone can’t stop talking about to your Halloween party!!
These are unique to other cake pops
These Halloween Cake Pop Eye Balls are different from other cake pops. You don’t need one of those crazy cake pop pans. Because, it is not just cake, like your typically cake pops. It has Italian Buttercream inside as well. Not only do you get delicious cake flavor, but you get cake and frosting in each bite. Once you taste these scary good bites, you will never go back to traditional cake pops. Let me show you how this works.
Cake Pop Construction
- 1 box of yellow cake
- 2 cups of Italian Buttercream [page13], plus ½ cup
- 16 ounces white chocolate chips
- Red gel food coloring
- Bake cake per instructions in a 13 x 9 in. pan. Let cool
- Spoon out cake into a large bowl. Add buttercream and mix until fully incorporated.
- Use a small ice cream scoop or melon ball to scoop out balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until cake/buttercream mixture is gone.
- Take scoops of cake/buttercream mixture and roll into balls. Place them back on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the freezer for at least a half hour.
- Meanwhile, melt white chocolate chips over a double broiler.
- Remove cake balls from freezer. Dip in white chocolate and place back on a new baking sheet, also lined with parchment paper. Place one chocolate chip on the white chocolate covered cake ball. Repeat for all cake balls. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, put a few drops of red gel food coloring in ½ cup of buttercream. Mix and add more until you get the desired color. Place in a disposable pastry bag using #2 tip. Or you can cut a small slit at bottom of a disposable pastry bag.
- Pipe crooked lines coming out of the chocolate chip. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.