Are you looking for an impressive, yet super easy decadent dessert for Valentine’s Day? If you answered yes, then this Heart Mold Chocolate Strawberry Mousse Cake with Ganache is for you. All it takes is a HEART-SHAPED SILICONE MOLD, chocolate cake recipe, strawberry mousse recipe and chocolate ganache recipe. The assembly is the easiest part. Thanks to this amazing HEART-SHAPED SILICONE MOLD, I can make an elegant dessert in no time at all. Best part is, the mold is dishwasher safe. I can just pop that bad boy in the dishwasher right after I’m done with no hassle.
Since we LOVE using this our Heart-Shaped Silicone Mold so much, we’ve made it available for you to purchase exclusively from Desserts by Juliette! We’re so excited to be able to share this product with you so you can start baking AMAZING Heart-Shaped recipes for Valentine’s Day, Bridal or Baby Showers, Wedding Treats, and more! They aren’t just for baking. You can make ice-cream and gelatin molds, heart-shaped ice cubes and crafts GALORE. Click below and order yours today. Supplies are limited!
FREE SHIPPING for USA mainland only.
The recipe below, I’m about to show you, makes 12 heart cakes.
First make the chocolate cake in a 9×9 square cake pan or something similar. You are going to use a cookie cutter to cut out heart-shapes later, so the size of pan doesn’t matter too much. As long as it is a thin cake at the end.
Now, this recipe is one of my best. I get a lot of compliments on this cake recipe. I’ve tried other chocolate cake recipes, but I keep coming back to this one because it is SOOOOO delicious! You can’t beat it. It’s perfect for this Heart Shaped Chocolate Strawberry Mousse Cake with Ganache recipe too!
Chocolate Cake Recipe
1 ounce semi-sweet baking chocolate
1/2 cup hot brewed coffee
1 cup sugar
1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Prepare the cake tin with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chocolate in a medium-sized bowl and add hot coffee. Whisk until the chocolate has melted. Let cool.
- Start beating the egg until it reaches maximum volume. It should be light yellow in color and frothy looking.
- Meanwhile, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Add vegetable oil and milk to the chocolate coffee mixture.
- Once the eggs have reached maximum volume, add in 1/3 of the dry ingredients, followed by 1/2 of the wet ingredients. Repeat and make sure to end with the dry ingredients. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary to make sure all the ingredients in the batter are fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely. I find it best to keep covered in the freezer until ready to use. The cake is easier to cut this way.
While you are waiting for the cake to cool, you can get started on the strawberry mousse. I absolutely love mousse and strawberry is one of my favorite flavors. Mousse sounds intimidating to make, but it is really simple. Let me show you how.
1 pint strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon gelatin
1 cup heavy cream
- Wash and cut the stems off of all strawberries and blend into a puree. Add sugar and mix until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- Place a saucepan on top of the stove with about an inch of water in it. Set heat to low and place a heat-safe bowl on top of the saucepan. Put the water in the bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Heat until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Add to the puree.
- Meanwhile, place the heavy cream in a bowl and whip until soft peaks. Add in the cooled puree and mix until stiff peaks. Place in the refrigerator to cool/set completely, about 15 minutes.
Now for the assembly of the heart cakes. Take out your HEART-SHAPED SILICONE CAKE MOLD, chocolate cake and mousse. Use a small heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut hearts out of the chocolate cake. It doesn’t even have to be a heart shaped cookie cutter, it can be a circle or a square. As long as the piece of cake fits into the mold. Place the cake into the mold. Top with some strawberry mousse and take another piece of cake and place on top. Then top with more strawberry mousse. Repeat for all heart cakes. Use a dough cutter tool or a cake decorating spatula to remove excess mousse. Place the molds in the freezer until set. It will take approximately 1 hour. You want to make sure that you can remove the cakes with ease from the mold.
While you are waiting for the cakes to set, make the ganache.
150 grams dark chocolate (couverture preferably)
1 1/2 Tablespoons butter, unsalted
1 teaspoon honey
3/4 cup heavy cream
- Heat heavy cream on the stove until it starts to boil. Meanwhile combine honey and butter.
- Pour heavy cream in chocolate and whisk until chocolate melts. Let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Add butter and mix until smooth.
- Use immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Heat slowly in the microwave until smooth and glossy.
Remove the cakes from the HEART-SHAPED SILICONE CAKE MOLD and place on a drying rack. It’s best to place some parchment paper underneath the drying rack to catch the excess ganache. You don’t ever want to waste that stuff. It’s too good. Pour the ganache over the top of the cakes until completely covered. You may need to use a small offset spatula to smooth out the top and make sure the sides are sufficiently covered. Place the whole rack in the refrigerator, if it can fit, and let cool. This should take 15 minutes. Remove from the refrigerator and the cakes are ready to eat.
These Heart Shaped Chocolate Strawberry Mousse Cake with Ganache are so delicious! You won’t be able to stop at just one…
We absolutely LOVE these HEART-SHAPED SILICONE CAKE MOLDS and know you will too. They are dishwasher, oven, freezer and microwave safe! Supplies are limited, order yours today!
FREE SHIPPING for mainland USA
****APPLY BUY TWO CODE FIRST, THEN FREE SHIPPING CODE****