Decadent Honey Pecan Squares is a great treat for Thanksgiving or Christmas that strays away from the traditional pecan pie. If you’re like me, you like to spice up ordinary desserts to create something special that maybe not everyone has tried, even if its just changing the look of something. Also, at Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, people want to “grab and go” and these Decadent Honey Pecan Squares are the perfect finger food with a burst of Thanksgiving and Christmas flavor. This recipe doesn’t take long to make and your guests will…
This Ultimate Decadent Pumpkin Cupcake is perfect for a unique but traditional Thanksgiving treat or to enjoy any day of the week. The moist pumpkin cake is divine and with the whipped cream cheese frosting, your taste buds will be in pumpkin heaven. Also, to top it off (literally) we have caramel drizzled over the top of the cupcake with some crushed pecans. This Ultimate Decadent Pumpkin Cupcake will leave you speechless, because…
10 Spooky Good Halloween Dessert Recipes plus 7 Bonus Recipes. Bring the dessert everyone can’t stop talking about to your Halloween party!!
Are you throwing a Halloween party this year and looking for some spooky good desserts? Or maybe you are attending a Halloween party and want to bring a scary, yet delicious treat? Look no further. This is your last stop for all your Halloween dessert recipe needs. How great would it be to have everything all in one place, in an easy to use format that will last for years and years to come? Well, I have good news for you. You can get it right here and start planning your Halloween dessert ideas NOW….
Looking for a cute Halloween dessert?
Are you looking for a cute treat rather than a scary one this Halloween season? If so, then Halloween Candy Corn Cupcakes are for you. It looks just like Candy Corn, but in cupcake form. Don’t worry, it’s easier than it looks. I will help you make it look like professional cake shop cupcakes. Not only will they be super cute, but oh so delicious!…
It’s always nice to have YOUR dessert be the “Star of the Show”. When you’re the chosen “Bringer of Desserts” you want to make an impression of beauty AND flavor. You just can’t go wrong with these 3 Easy Easter Dessert recipes. With these 3 desserts, your dessert table will be colorful and fun!!
EASY Easter Dessert Recipe #1
This is the first recipe of a series of three Easter Desserts I will be sharing. I’ve come up with 3 easy desserts you may want to try and share at your Easter Dinner Celebrations or maybe just to have some sweet treats around to remind you of the colors of spring and happiness.
Easter is just around the corner! It’s time for preparing and baking those special treats that brings us all together in the spirit of celebration. One of the best parts of baking is sharing in the fun with family and friends. Whether you’re sharing in the fun of baking or eating, desserts have a way of bringing a connection and joy in the process. This Easter Egg Cake Pop was made by my sister, my mom and I. As you can see, my daughter sat on the counter in a baby chair and watched us bake! It was a great bonding time with all the girls having fun in the kitchen. We were the dessert providers and made several different items I’ll be sharing with you in the next few posts before Easter.
The bright colors and mix and matches were fun to design and create. It was so easy and we all had a blast.
Cake Pops seem a little intimidating at first. I worked in a bakery during college so I’ve had my share of cake pop making. I wanted to share this with you in case you might have a desire to make some for Easter or any occasion. They are super easy, so don’t be intimidated at all! A friend of mine made them for a baby shower for everyone’s dessert instead of cake. They’re also a special treat for birthday parties, kids love them! What ever the occasion, they are sure to be a hit!
Start out with a white cake recipe. We have a fabulous white cake recipe that you will surely love! It’s super moist and very tasty. Click on the link: https://dessertsbyjuliette.com/2013/09/28/white-cake/. Do not frost the cake!
If you want to keep it super simple you can always open a store box mix and make white cake as well. Use whatever works best for you!
After you make the cake you will tear it apart. Yep, I said tear it apart. It will look a lot like the picture below:
You’ll then need to make our delicious Italian Buttercream Frosting Recipe, found here: Italian Buttercream Frosting
Melt your favorite colored chocolate wafers. I get mine from Michael’s Craft store or you can get them on-line through Amazon or WalMart. I like the Wilton brand and they have sooo many great colors now. You could make the most beautiful colored Easter Egg Cake Pops ever! Here’s a sample of the one’s from Amazon so you know which one’s I use.
After you dip the balls in the melted chocolate, you can put them on cake pop sticks or lollipop sticks to cool. You can get an inexpensive bag at WalMart, Michael’s, any craft store or Amazon.
If you like to add an additional color, make sure you let the first layer dry. Let your imagination take over and create and enjoy! They sure do brighten any table at Easter and they taste marvelous!
- Make White Cake Recipe
- Favorite Buttercream
- Various Colored Chocolate Melting Chips
- Lollipop Sticks
- Make your favorite White Cake Recipe or use ours! Cool cake and break into small pieces in a large mixing bowl. Make your favorite Buttercream Frosting or use our favorite Italian Buttercream Frosting Recipe! Mix cake and Italian Buttercream Frosting until balls can be formed. Melt favorite colors of chocolate melting chips. Dip balls into melting chips and place on lollipop stick to cool. Drizzle colored melted chocolate on cooled Cake Pops/Bites and decorate. Cool and remove off lollipop sticks to place in bowls with paper Easter grass. Enjoy
Cupcakes in a Jar for Two
Is it the end of the romantic meal or the beginning of a romantic evening? It could be both after sharing a special treat like Cupcakes in a Jar for Two with your Valentine? Nothing says I LOVE YOU like a shared dessert made for two by you!
Get creative and decide what favorites you want to combine. White cake, white frosting, chocolate cake, chocolate frosting or even add a brownie treat! Sprinkles are always a great added touch. Valentine’s hearts sprinkles are a fun way to express your love.
Cupcakes in a Jar for Two has an easy recipe:
1. Don’t bake the cupcakes in the jar. Bake them in a cupcake pan with liners like usual. Desserts by Juliette has some great cake options listed below:
2. Take the cupcakes and tear them apart. Stuff them into a wide mouth Mason Jar.
3. Pipe in a layer of your favorite Frosting. Desserts by Juliette has some mouth watering choices listed below:
The combinations are endless!!
4. Add another layer of cupcakes.
5. Top it off with a beautiful piped layer of your favorite frosting. I used a star tip for a little added romance!
6. Use your romantic creativity and decorate as desired! Don’t forget the sprinkles, ribbons, lace and Two Spoons!
Looking for a quick and easy cupcake for a Halloween treat? You may want to try this Spiderweb Cupcake that’s simple and tastes great!
1. Start by making your favorite Chocolate Cupcakes. We always prefer home-made, but a good moist box mix will do in a pinch. You can use our favorite Chocolate Cupcake recipe by clicking on the link below:
2. Next, make your favorite icing/frosting. We absolutely love, love, love our Italian Buttercream frosting. You can find that at our link below:
3. The next step you’ll want to take part of the frosting and add color to make it black. It takes about 1/2 – 3/4 cup to frost a dozen cupcakes. An extra helpful hint is it takes a lot of color to make a black frosting! I used Wilton and it takes almost half the container for black. Put it in a pastry bag and cut a small piece off the tip for piping. I’ve added an Amazon link for easy access to the products you need. If you sign up for Amazon Prime, the shipping is usually FREE!
4. Now you are ready to watch the video and see how it’s done!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use the products and recommend them because they are companies that I have found to be helpful and trustworthy.
Did you ever want to mix up a quick dessert for yourself or for you and a friend? If so, Mug Cakes could be just the delicious treat to satisfy that sweet tooth in a jiffy! There are many variations you can use to make your favorite Mug Cake. I’ll share one of our favorites with you! It’s a super moist Peanut Butter Chocolate Mug Cake topped with Chocolate Italian Buttercream Frosting!
There are many great advantages to mug cakes. They are made fresh from your kitchen, not from a box. You can find a recipe with ingredients you already have in your pantry. The best part is it’s made in the microwave so it only bakes for 1 minute! Even if you run out of eggs there are still many options! This recipe is made with no eggs and was tweaked a little bit to satisfy our taste buds but can easily be changed to satisfy yours!
- 1 Tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (or Vegetable Oil or butter)
- ¼ c Flour
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ⅓ c Soy Milk ( or regular Milk)
- ¼ tsp Vanilla
- Optional Toppings: Chocolate Italian Buttercream Frosting, Whipped Cream, Ice Cream, Caramel syrup, chocolate syrup and/or sprinkles. Any favorite topping will do!
- Gather all ingredients. Find a special mug you would like to make this cake in. It needs to be microwavable.
- Melt Coconut Oil in microwave for 20 sec or until melted. Add creamy peanut butter and stir.
- Combine all dry ingredients and stir until mixed well.
- Add soy milk and vanilla to melted coconut oil and peanut butter mixture and stir.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until mixture is moistened. Do not over stir.
- Pour into your favorite mug. It will fill about ½ way. Microwave for 1 minute.
- You can eat warm or wait until cooled to add your favorite topping. We like to top with our Chocolate Italian Buttercream Frosting!
Don’t be afraid to change it up a little to try to make a more healthy version. You could always substitute your favorite sugar free product for sugar, use a gluten free mixture like flax seed flour and use water instead of milk. We think the Chocolate Italian Buttercream frosting makes the whole dessert melt in your mouth but if anything sugar is out of the question it’s still delicious with no topping at all!
Take 5 minutes and try your version. We would love to hear from you and see the awesome Mug Cake Recipes you create!