Moist Chocolate Cake!
Moist Chocolate Cake
Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1½ cups hot brewed coffee
- 3 cups sugar
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Prepare muffins tins with cupcake liners, or cake pans with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate in a medium-sized bowl and add hot coffee. Whisk mixture until the chocolate is completely melted and has a smooth texture.
- In a large bowl, sift together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl until they have reached maximum volume; at least 3 minutes.
- Slowly add chocolate mixture, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract to egg mixture and beat until fully combined.
- Add sifted mixture a little at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Divide batter into cake pans and fill ¾ full, due to the fact that this batter will not rise much. Bake 25 to 30 minutes for cupcakes, 45 to 50 minutes for a 13 x 9 inch pan, and 35 to 40 minutes for 2 9-inch pans, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cake should spring back slightly to the touch. Cool completely before icing.
Serving size: 1 cupcake Calories: 200 Fat: 8 g Saturated fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 33 g Sugar: 22 g Sodium: 175 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 3 g Cholesterol: 17 mg