Strawberry Ice Cream
The fresh flavor of strawberries really makes this dessert extra special. Perfect for a summertime cookout.
Desserts by Juliette: Desserts by Juliette
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup egg yolks
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, pureed
- Combine the milk, cream, and honey in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Blend the egg yolks and the sugar in a separate boil. Add about one third of the hot cream mixture to the egg yolks and whisk constantly until fully incorporated. Then, poor the egg yolk mixture into the remaining milk in the saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Blend in the strawberry puree and mix until smooth.
- Strain the mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight or a minimum of 12 hours.
- Process in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's instructions. Store in the refrigerator, tightly covered.
Serving size: 2 scoops Calories: 264 Fat: 17 g Saturated fat: 8 g Carbohydrates: 23 g Sugar: 21 g Sodium: 32 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 6 g Cholesterol: 384 mg