This Ultimate Decadent Pumpkin Cupcake is perfect for a unique but traditional Thanksgiving treat or to enjoy any day of the week. The moist pumpkin cake is divine and with the whipped cream cheese frosting, your taste buds will be in pumpkin heaven. Also, to top it off (literally) we have caramel drizzled over the top of the cupcake with some crushed pecans. This Ultimate Decadent Pumpkin Cupcake will leave you speechless, because…
Looking for a cute Halloween dessert?
Are you looking for a cute treat rather than a scary one this Halloween season? If so, then Halloween Candy Corn Cupcakes are for you. It looks just like Candy Corn, but in cupcake form. Don’t worry, it’s easier than it looks. I will help you make it look like professional cake shop cupcakes. Not only will they be super cute, but oh so delicious!…
These ghost cupcakes are definitely a crowd pleaser. Decadent chocolate cupcakes with an Italian buttercream decorated in a ghost shape; delicious and cute! Halloween is definitely my favorite decorating holiday, when it comes to baked goods that is. There are so many unique and cute things out there, but I’ve thought of a few that definitely strike the eye. The only things you need to make this holiday treat successful is a good chocolate cake, you’re favorite buttercream, and some mini chocolate chips.
For the chocolate cake, my favorite cupcake recipe to use is my Moist Chocolate Cake. Everyone loves this recipe and if you put a cute decoration on it, you’ll be a baking star for sure. The chocolate cake recipe that I use makes about 30 cupcakes. So prepare you’re cupcake pans and preheat the oven. Prepare cake according to instructions then fill the cupcake liners about 3/4 of the way full. These cupcakes don’t rise as much as normal cupcakes because of their moist texture.
In my opinion, the best buttercream is Italian Buttercream. Once you get this recipe down, I promise you won’t ever use anything else again. However, I understand if you want to use store bought or an easier recipe if you do not have the time. But, if you do have the time, this is definitely a recipe that you need try. So, once I have the buttercream made, I fill a pastry bag with a at least a #7 tip. It has to be at least this big because otherwise the shape won’t come out right. Pipe a flat circle on the top of each cupcake. Then, pipe a thicker, but smaller circle on top of the flat circle. Finally for the head, pipe a small circle and release slowly to create the long stem on the top of the cupcake. Then place two mini-chocolate chips on the top circle for the eyes. Super easy recipe that has astonishing results.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, or cake of choice
- ½ pound of Italian buttercream, or icing of choice
- about 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips
- Prepare cake according to instructions in cupcake pans with appropriate liners.
- Prepare buttercream according to instructions if making from scratch.
- Fill a pastry bag with a at least a #7 tip. It has to be at least this big because otherwise the shape won't come out right. Pipe a flat circle on the top of each cupcake. Then, pipe a thicker, but smaller circle on top of the flat circle. Finally for the head, pipe a small circle and release slowly to create the long stem on the top of the cupcake. Then place two mini-chocolate chips on the top circle for the eyes.
For a great dessert that not only looks good but also tastes good use the following recipes:
Lemons and blueberries are such a perfect combination of flavors that you don’t want to miss out on. Can you think of a better way to incorporate these flavors, than in a cupcake? I don’t think so. This lemon and blueberry recipe is super easy to put together and so delicious, it makes my mouth water thinking about it. Lemon cake, with fresh blueberries swirled into the buttercream; can it get any better than this? I love this recipe with my Italian Buttercream but you can essentially use whatever icing or frosting that you prefer. The Italian Buttercream does take some time to make, but it is definitely worth it.
Special Items Needed
Nonstick 12-Cup Muffin Pan
Decorating Tip-#1M Star
Disposable 16-Inch Decorating Bags
- 1 lemon cake mix
- 12 ounces fresh blueberries, leave a few for decorating
- 2 quarts of Italian Buttercream, approximately or whatever icing you prefer
- lemon zest, optional
- Fill cupcake pans with appropriate liners. Make the lemon cupcakes according to the package instructions. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- If you are making the Italian Buttercream, you should start when the cupcakes are in the oven. When the buttercream is finished, or if you are using some other frosting, take the twelve ounces of blueberries and mix on low speed until the buttercream starts to become a light purple shade. If you are using frozen blueberries, the buttercream will become much darker.
- Place the Decorating Tip-#1M Star into a Disposable 16-Inch Decorating Bag. Pipe the blueberry buttercream on the lemon cupcakes and finish it off with some fresh blueberries or lemon zest.
This super moist chocolate cake recipe is perfect for chocolate cupcakes too! It is so moist it holds together a lot better than a devil’s food chocolate cake. You will love the flavor as you bite into this piece of chocolate heaven. It pairs very well with any type of buttercream. For decorating purposes, I definitely prefer the silky Italian Buttercream texture and flavor. This recipe makes about 30 cupcakes or 2 9-inch cakes or 1 13 x 9 inch pan.
- 3 ounces Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups hot brewed coffee
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Prepare muffins tins with cupcake liners, or cake pans with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate in a medium-sized bowl and add hot coffee. Whisk mixture until the chocolate is completely melted and has a smooth texture.
- In a large bowl, sift together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl until they have reached maximum volume; at least 3 minutes.
- Slowly add chocolate mixture, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract to egg mixture and beat until fully combined.
- Add sifted mixture a little at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Divide batter into cake pans and fill 3/4 full, due to the fact that this batter will not rise much. Bake 25 to 30 minutes for cupcakes, 45 to 50 minutes for a 13 x 9 inch pan, and 35 to 40 minutes for 2 9-inch pans, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cake should spring back slightly to the touch. Cool completely before icing.
This icing is a quick and easy frosting for cupcakes or cake of any kind. It is super sweet and filled with chocolate-y goodness. You will honestly just keep eating the icing by itself; it’s that good. So if you want a quick and delicious frosting, this here is your answer.
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- Blend 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder with 1 Tablespoon hot water until smooth. Allow to cool.
- Beat butter, sugar, 1 teaspoon of milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons more of milk to give a light, smooth, and fluffy consistency. Beat in chocolate until fully incorporated. Ready to ice.
For those dark chocolate lovers out there, this is definitely a dessert that you need to try. I’ve never tasted anything like this cake recipe; it’s like biting into a soft chocolate bar. It is rich and full of dark chocolate flavor. This cake pairs very nicely with some fresh strawberries and whipped cream, but the cake has enough flavor to stand on its own as well. This dessert would go nicely at any dinner party due to its elegant look and decadent flavor. You will definitely impress your friends and family with this treat. You will also be happy to know that this is a low calorie dessert with only 156 calories per cupcake and is also gluten-free. Did I mention it’s super easy to make?
- Extreme Dark Chocolate Cake, or Chocolate cake of your choice
- 16 ounces whipped cream
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 1/2 chopped
- 1/2 quarted
- Prepare the cake batter according to instructions. Line cupcake tin with paper and fill each cupcake 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool. Pop in freezer for 15 minutes, just so that it is easier to work with.
- Cut cupcakes in half. Put the top half of the cupcake upside down on the plate and stack in this order: whipped cream, chopped strawberries, second half of cupcake, whipped cream, and then a quarter of a strawberry on top. Serve immediately.
The flavors of strawberries and pistachios compliment each other very well and it makes for a wonderfully decadent dessert. There are a lot of ways that you could make these cupcakes, but this is just my take. I think making the cupcakes look like mini tortes is a creative twist on your everyday cupcake; perfect for a dinner party. However, you could also leave them whole and top with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachio nuts*
- 16 ounces whipped cream
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line standard cupcake tins with baking cups.
- Combine cake flour and baking powder in a bowl. Beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients a little at a time until fully incorporated on low speed. Fold in the pistachios. Spoon batter into prepared baking cups.
- Bake for 15 to18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Cut cupcakes in half. Put the top half of the cupcake upside down on the plate and stack in this order: whipped cream, chopped strawberries, second half of cupcake, whipped cream, pistachios sprinkled, and then a quarter of a strawberry on top. Serve immediately.
- You can buy pistachio nuts that are already out of the shells. Also, I purchased the already roasted and salted version just to give some extra flavor. That is also why I didn’t add any extra salt in the cupcake batter, but still used salted butter.
These Patriot Cupcakes are super cute; the perfect dessert for Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, or Veteran’s Day. It’s the perfect way to celebrate all the sacrifices made for our country. The Italian Buttercream is beyond your frosting dreams! Your friends and family will love these cupcakes and you will love them too because they are super easy to make.
- 1 vanilla or white cake mix
- Italian Buttercream, or frosting of your choice
- red food coloring
- blue food coloring
- patriotic sprinkles, optional
- Cupcake pan, size of your choice
- baking cups
- disposable piping bag
- 1 M tip, for icing cupcakes
- Preheat oven according to box instructions. Prepare cupcake pan with desired baking cups.
- Prepare cake batter according to the box instructions. Divide batter into three and separate in different bowls. Use a few drops of red food coloring in one bowl, a few drops of blue food coloring in another bowl, and leave one bowl white.
- Put about 1 tablespoon of each color into 1 cupcake. Finish all the cupcakes. Bake according to box instructions.
- Let cool completely, then pipe on Italian Buttercream using 1 M tip. Finish off with sprinkles of your choice.
Oh man do these hit the spot! Whoever invented Reese’s was a genius. I love chocolate and peanut butter, especially together. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t. So, here is a special treat that you will make over and over again because it is as easy as it gets when it comes to dessert making; plus the flavor is just phenomenal. Also, there are only 5 total ingredients for the cupcakes and the frosting! It can’t get easier than this.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2, 8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 heaping cup Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cupcake pans.
- Make chocolate cake mix according to the package directions.
- Fold in mini Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- Pour into cupcake pans. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Let cool.
- Frosting: Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and beat until smooth and creamy. Then add peanut butter and mix until combined. Pipe onto cupcakes and top with chopped mini Reese’s if desired.
- For piping, if you don’t have a pastry bag or plastic pastry bag; use a plastic freezer bag. Cut about 1/2 in. tip on the corner of the bag. This works just as well and you can dispose of the bag right after use instead of having to clean it.
- To make sure that the mini Reese’s don’t fall to the bottom of the cupcake, don’t fold them in the cupcake batter. Make the chocolate cake batter the way that says to on the package, then pour the cake batter into the cupcake pans. Then add the mini Reese’s on top of the cupcake batter. When it bakes, the Reese’s will lie in the middle of the cupcakes.